Assembly instructions for your wooden arc hammock stand.
- Loosely assembling your hammock stand first by just hand tightening the nuts makes it easier to match up the bolts holes. Once fully assembled, then tighten firmly. As the wood expands and contracts due to changes in weather and temperature you may find you need to occasionally retighten bolts.
- Dissembling and storing your stand over winter when unlikely to be used is an easy and effective way to enhance the longevity of your hammock stand due to less exposure to the elements.
- Checking, whereby small cracks appear in the wood is natural and likely to occur over time as the wood expands and contracts due to changes in temperature and moisture. Similarly, small areas of 'bleeding' may be noticed where wood resin seeps out of the timber when directly exposed to sunlight. This will naturally stop and can be wiped or snapped off as it cools.
- Regularly wood care is recommended every season or two to help continually preserve the timber, through applying coats of outdoor furniture oil. Doing so at the start of the season when the stand is disassembled is a good time, and a little sanding with fine sandpaper is recommended to allow the oil to adhere better and work off any dirt.
- If placing your stand on grass, it's recommended to place the feet on concrete blocks to prevent continually damp/wet conditions from damaging the feet.
Step 6: If your hammock doesn't fully reach the fixed hook, use the supplied chain and 's' hooks to cover the distance.
If you have any issues with assembling your stand please just let us know and we'll be happy to help.